Kiss It Better is a training company that delivers first aid training courses and regulated and accredited first aid qualifications to groups and individuals.
ITC First Ltd (ITC) is the Awarding Organisation for the regulated and accredited first aid training courses delivered by Kiss It Better and associated trainers.
Kiss It Betters’ owner and Lead Trainer and Assessor (Trudy McLaughlin) also carries out freelance work for other organisations not restricted to but including delivering Duke of Edinburgh training and assessing expeditions, supporting Charity walking events. (see Freelance Work below)
What does Kiss It Better do with personal data?
- Kiss It Better receives information from clients by email, social media, phone, via our website or the ITC First web portal.
- Kiss It Better also receives information from/regarding course candidates on the booking form.
- Kiss It Better retains information from clients/course candidates electronically on a password protected and encrypted computer.
- If you inform us that you do not wish to enter into a contract with us we will delete your information on request.
- If you do wish to enter into a contract with us (e.g. book a course/place on a course) we request and collect additional information to issue an invoice and confirm your booking: Name, address and billing email of paying client (if different from the course participant).
- Kiss It Better receives information from/regarding course candidates on our booking form either by post or electronically which may include contact telephone number, email address, allergies, personal information appertaining to any reasonable adjustments required on the course. This information is used to notify the course candidate of course information/confirmation, and any unexpected changes to courses where applicable, for example: cancellation due to adverse weather conditions, illness, etc., and for the purpose of delivering the course where applicable. This information is stored at Kiss It Better, 3 Springfield Terrace, Hipperholme, Halifax HX3 8ET in a locked filing cabinet unless being used for the purpose of administration relating to the course booked on.
- When you attend a Kiss It Better regulated and accredited first aid course you will be asked to complete an ITC Candidate Registration Form and ITC Evaluation Form (optional). Kiss It Better collects and processes this data on behalf of our Awarding Organisation ITC First Ltd in order to provide you with an accredited first aid certificate.
- On completion of the course we will input the data you have provided on your ITC Candidate Registration Form to the secure ITC Database before posting all course paperwork to ITC. Data submitted to the ITC website will only be viewable by Kiss It Better via an individual unique user log on and password and ITC staff.
- Kiss It Better will electronically retain for 5 years the minimum data as required by ITC to confirm attendance (signed attendance register) and assessment evidence (assessment sheets) of courses.
- Kiss It Better will also retain for 5 years correspondence in relation to your course booking and data needed to provide you with information about your course booking, renewal dates and ongoing support.
- Occasionally Kiss It Better will take photographs of participants on courses for which consent will be gained from individuals concerned: these photographs may be used on our social media channels and website. Kiss It Better may also request permission to use feedback from the evaluation form on our social media channels and website.
- Kiss It Better will never pass on or sell your data to any third party.
- As a freelance worker I (Trudy McLaughlin) may receive contact details for other freelance workers in documentation. These documents are used solely for the purpose of the job being hired for and either deleted from a secure password protected and encrypted computer, hard copies returned to the organisation provided by, or shredded/burnt to destroy on completion of the work.
- As a freelance worker I (Trudy McLaughlin) will as part of my work be provided with contact details of students/participants’ medical history and parents details ICE (In case of emergency). All information is returned to the company contracted for the event or its nominated personnel.
As a responsible training company Kiss It Better and its owner Trudy McLaughlin aim to meet the highest standards when collecting, processing and using personal information. Clients, associate trainers or anyone else involved in Kiss It Better activities are encouraged to bring to the Owner’s (Trudy McLaughlin) attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate. Kiss It Better also welcomes any suggestions for improving its procedures.
Your contact for any data related issues are:
In writing – Trudy McLaughlin, Owner, 3 Springfield Terrace, Hipperholme, Halifax HX3 8ET
Telephone – 07903 655195
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also view our full Data Protection Policy for more details.